This release also includes an updated Windows Installer for Visual Studio 2010 and MonoDevelop. This will install a binary release that will allow you to develop Windows and Linux based MonoGame projects. It includes some project templates to easily create a new MonoGame project.
ROADMAPThis is an point release of the 2.5 develop branch
All continuing efforts are going into v3.x, see below.
The 3.x series will extend MonoGame with support for the XNA 3D APIs as well as something we are working on, which we believe the whole MonoGame will love.
HOW YOU CAN HELPFirstly, go over to github and register. Then fork the main repo found at https://github.com/mono/MonoGame
This will allow you to make changes to your own repo and send us patches and enhancements, thus benefiting everyone.
You can also join the active community of developers on IRC at irc.gnome.org on the #monogame channel, where the day-to-day improvements are being discussed in real time.
If you release a game using MonoGame, please let us know so we can update our released games page, and mention MonoGame in your tweet.
*SPECIAL THANKS TO FOR THIS RELEASE ( In no particular order)Jalfx (for starting this project in 2010, when it was called XNATouch)
slygamer (Konaju Games)
JorgeMagic (Cell SDK)
tomspilman (Sickhead Games)
directhex (Linux Support)
danzel (PSS Support)
Team Xamarin for their support and continued great work on all things Mono and everyone else that submitted patches/fixes and enhancements. Without your contributions this release would not have been possible.
Special thanks to Flying Development Studio, makers of Infinite Flight, for giving back their code changes that added 3D support to MonoGame. These changes will form an important part of the next v3.0 release.
Also to Sickhead Games for their continued work on the 3D branch and for adding Metro support. As well as danzel for kicking off the Playstation Suite support.
And finally to anyone else who has contributed to this release.
In this Release
- Updated android to use enumerations rather than hardocded ids as part of the Mono for Android 4.2 update
- Changed the Android video player to make use of the ViewView
- Corrected namespaces for SongReader and SoundEffectReader
- Updated the Keyboard mapping for android
- Added RectangleArrayReader
- Removed links to the third party GamePadBridge.
- Added some missing mouseState operators
- Replaced all calls to DateTime.Now with DateTime.UtcNow
- Fixed SpriteFont rendering (again)
- Added code to correclty dispose of Textures on all platforms
- Added some fixes for the sound on iOS
- Adding missing MediaQueue class
- Fixed Rectangle Intersect code
- Changed the way UserPrimitives work on windows
- Made sure the @2x file support on iOS works
- Updated project templates
- Added project templates for MacOS
- Fixed MonoDevelop.MonoGame AddIn so it works on Linux